The Buffalo and Johnson County community has a number of attractive assets for new business and industry, including:
- Strong investment in infrastructure, including water and sewage treatment. Considerable excess sewage treatment capacity exists.
- Abundant and relatively inexpensive electric power.
- Broadband telecommunications capacity.
- Location on the intersection of a major east-west Interstate Highway (I-90) and north-south Interstate Highway (I-25), and U.S. Highway 16 that provides access through the Big Horn Mountains to the west.
- One of the higher unemployment rates in the State, indicating an availability of workers.
- Sheridan College in Johnson County community college with an extension campus in downtown Buffalo.
- An attractive quality of place with numerous recreational and lifestyle amenities. Downtown Buffalo is a particularly attractive asset for a community of this size.
- A business friendly tax and regulatory environment.
- Good hotel accommodations and restaurants.
- A professional economic development organization (JOCO First).